• Graduates assemble at 8 a.m.; the march to Alumni Park begins at 8:30 a.m.
• USC’s 118th commencement begins at 9 a.m.
• Commencement speaker: Barry Munitz (see page 9).
• Honorary degree recipient: Alfred E. Mann (see page 8).
•Valedictorian: Paritosh Prasad (see page 4).
• Satellite ceremonies and speakers for both campuses (see pages 10 and 11).
2000 commencement information, can be found at www.usc.edu/commencement, or call the commencement hot -line at (213) 740-4001.
• Campus parking will fill early on commencement day, and USC Transportation Services recommends arriving before 7 a.m. to ensure a spot. The University Parking Center, at Jefferson Blvd. and Grand Ave., will be available to all degree candidates and their families and guests. Parking Center trams will drop riders at the ceremony. Disabled students and guests should enter campus through Gate 2 for drop-off at Childs Way and Hoover Blvd. Those cars will be directed to the parking lot at Figueroa St. and Jefferson, across the street from Gate 3.
More stories about: Commencement 2001