• Graduates assemble at 8 a.m.; the march to Alumni Park begins at 8:30 a.m.
• USC’s 119th commencement begins at 9 a.m.
• Commencement speaker: journalist David Halberstam
• Valedictorian: Stanley Chou
• Salutatorians: Sameer Amin and Scott Takano
• For more information, go to www.usc.edu/commencement or call the commencement hot line at (213) 740-4001. For a live Webcast of the main commencement ceremony beginning at 8 a.m., May 10, go to the commencement Web site.
• Campus parking will fill early on May 10; USC Transportation Services recommends arriving before 7 a.m. to ensure a spot. The Parking Center at Jefferson and Grand and a Menlo Avenue parking lot near the Los Angeles Coliseum will also be available to degree candidates and their families and guests. Parking Center trams will drop riders at the main commencement ceremony. Students and guests with disabilities should enter campus through Gate 2 for drop-off at Widney Alumni House.
More stories about: Commencement 2002