Here are locations and announced speakers for satellite ceremonies. Unless noted otherwise, ceremonies are scheduled for 10:30 a.m., Friday, May 16, and receptions will follow ceremonies at the same site. The Keck School of Medicine of USC does not participate in the main commencement exercises.
• Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy: Art Buchwald, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist and political satirist; Bovard Auditorium (no reception afterwards).
• Keck School of Medicine of USC: Bill Lawrence, TV writer/producer, creator of “Scrubs”; Shrine Auditorium, Sunday, May 18, 3 p.m.; reception, Founders Park.
• Health Promotion: Town and Gown.
• Nursing: Carol Bradley, editor, Nurseweek; Lot K2, behind Grace Ford Salvatori Hall.
• Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy: Ruth Zemke, professor of occupational therapy; lawn west of Leavey Library; reception, tent at Waite Phillips Hall.
• Pharmacy: Steve Litsey, adjunct faculty member, past president of the California Board of Pharmacy and current pharmacy leader for Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program; Health Sciences Campus Quad, 3 p.m.; reception, Upper Quad.
• Physician’s Assistant: Allan Hancock Foundation Building South Lawn.
More stories about: Commencement 2003