Here are locations and announced speakers for satellite ceremonies. Unless noted otherwise, ceremonies are scheduled for 10:30 a.m., Friday, May 14, and receptions will follow ceremonies at the same site.
• Air Force ROTC: Physical Education Patio, 2 p.m.
• Army ROTC: North Associates Park, 1 p.m.
• Naval ROTC: Seeley G. Mudd 123, 1 p.m.
• USC Leventhal School of Accounting: Donald Nicolaisen, chief accountant, Securities and Exchange Commission; Alumni Park, 2:30 p.m.; reception, Crocker Plaza.
• USC Annenberg School for Communication:
School of Communication, undergraduate: Shayne Thomas, graduating student; McCarthy Quad.
School of Communication, graduate: Norman Pattiz, chairman and founder, Westwood One Inc.; Argue Plaza lawn, 2 p.m.; pre-reception, Annenberg East Lobby, noon.
School of Journalism: Kyra Phillips, news anchor and correspondent, CNN; Argue Plaza lawn, 10:30 a.m.
• USC School of Architecture: Paul Tang, adjunct assistant professor; Watt Hall patio.
• USC Marshall School of Business:
Undergraduate: Richard Cook, chairman, Walt Disney Studios; Shrine Auditorium, 11 a.m.; reception, between Hoffman Hall and Bridge Hall.
Graduate: Tom Stemberg, founder and chairman, Staples; Shrine Auditorium, 6 p.m.; reception, 3:30 p.m., Town & Gown.
• USC School of Cinema-Television: Gary Rydstrom, Academy Award-winning sound designer/sound mixer; Shrine Auditorium, 2:30 p.m.; reception, Lloyd and Carson Sound Stages.
• USC School of Dentistry: Gordon J. Christensen, founder, Practical Clinical Courses; Alumni Memorial Park, 11 a.m.; reception, School of Dentistry.
• USC Rossier School of Education: Marshall Drummond, chancellor, California Community Colleges; Trousdale Parkway at Mudd Hall of Philosophy.
• USC School of Engineering:
Undergraduate: Dean C.L. Max Nikias; Archimedes Plaza.
Graduate: Dean Nikias; Archimedes Plaza, 2:30 p.m.
• USC School of Fine Arts: Gayle Roski, member, board of councilors; 11 a.m.; lawn south of Harris Hall; reception, Fisher Gallery Courtyard.
• USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology: Dean Edward L. Schneider; Gerontology Courtyard, 11 a.m.
• USC Law School: Bruce Karatz, chairman and CEO, KB Home; Alumni Park, Sunday, May 16, 3 p.m.; reception, south Alumni Memorial Park.
• USC College of Letters, Arts and Sciences:
Group 1 (art history, classics, comparative literature, East Asian area studies, East Asian languages and literatures, English, French and Italian, German, gender studies, interdisciplinary major program, linguistics, philosophy, professional writing, religion, Slavic languages and literatures, Spanish and Portuguese): Donal Manahan, dean of research; Founders Park.
Group 2 (biological sciences, chemistry, earth sciences, kinesiology, mathematics, physics, psychobiology): Beth Meyerowitz, dean of faculty; Lot K2.
Group 3 (environmental studies, international relations, political science): Dean Joseph Aoun and Kevin Starr, history professor and former California State librarian; Intramural Field.
Group 4 (American studies and ethnicity, anthropology, economics, geography, history, psychology, sociology): Sarah Pratt, dean of academic affairs; Howard Jones Field.
• USC Thornton School of Music: Royce Saltzman, co-founder and executive director, Oregon Bach Festival; lawn south of Ramo Hall of Music.
• USC School of Policy, Planning, and Development:
Undergraduate, bachelors (Policy, Planning, and Management): Kelly L. Fitzgerald, valedictorian; Pardee Way; reception, Lewis Hall.
Undergraduate, masters: Nicholas H. Sandomirsky, MPL; Pardee Way; reception, Lewis Hall.
Doctorate: Pardee Way; reception, Lewis Hall.
• USC School of Social Work: Janlee Wong, executive director, National Association of Social Workers, California Chapter; Lyon Center, 11 a.m.; reception, Social Work Courtyard.
• USC School of Theatre: Thomas Schumacher, president, Walt Disney’s Buena Vista Theatrical Group; Bing Theate; reception, Bing Theater Patio.
HEALTH SCIENCES’ SATELLITE CEREMONY PROGRAMS
Here are locations and announced speakers for satellite ceremonies. Unless noted otherwise, ceremonies are scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 14, and receptions will follow ceremonies at the same site. The Keck School of Medicine of USC does not participate in the main commencement exercises.
• Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy: Ben F. Massey, president of the American Physical Therapy Association; Bovard Auditorium (no reception afterwards).
• Keck School of Medicine of USC: Kent M. Keith, senior vice president of the YMCA of Honolulu, and author (“Anyway: The Paradoxical Commandments”); Shrine Auditorium, Sunday, May 16, 3 p.m.; reception, Founders Park.
• Health Promotion: Benissa Salem, B.S. and Jonathan Wilson Boyd, B.S.; Town and Gown.
• Nursing: Julena Lind, associate director, Independent Health Professions, and associate dean of the graduate school; Bovard Auditorium, 2:30 p.m.; reception, Davidson Conference Center.
• Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy: Barbra Kornblau, president of the American Occupational Therapy Association; lawn west of Leavey Library.
• Pharmacy: Victoria F. Roche, senior academic dean, School of Pharmacy & Health Professions at Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.; Norris Library Quad, 3 p.m.; reception, Upper Quad.
• Public Health: Program director Thomas W. Valente, Rubin Brambila, MPH and Alicia Thornton, MPH; Town and Gown.
• Physician’s Assistant: Robert T. Miller, PA-C, assistant professor of clinical pediatrics and family medicine, and president of the California Academy of Physician Assistants; lawn southwest of Allan Hancock Foundation Building.
More stories about: Commencement 2004