Friday marks USC’s 135th commencement. Here are some things you need to know about USC commencement 2018:
- The main ceremony starts at 8:30 a.m. at Alumni Memorial Park.
- Individual school ceremonies follow throughout the day.
- With more than 60,000 people expected to attend, getting to the ceremony is always a challenge — as is finding a place to park — but this year could be more challenging than usual: New traffic patterns are in place on Figueroa Street. Be sure to allow yourself plenty of time.
- Consider taking public transit to the event. The Metro Expo Line has three stops next to the University Park Campus.
- It looks like weather won’t be a concern, with pleasant temperatures and mostly clear skies in the forecast. Commencement ceremonies will occur rain or shine — remember 2015 — and some outdoor ceremonies are not covered. And if it does rain, umbrellas are discouraged during ceremonies.
More stories about: Commencement 2018