The following is a list of locations and announced speakers for satellite ceremonies for health science programs. Unless noted otherwise, ceremonies are scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 9, following the general commencement exercise, beginning at 9 a.m. Receptions will follow satellite ceremonies at the same sites, except where specified.
The School of Medicine and the Primary Care Physician Assistant Program do not participate in the main commencement exercises.
* Medicine: Sunday, May 18, Shrine Auditorium, 3 p.m.; Alexandra Levine, USC professor of medicine, chief of hematology division, and Parakrama Chandrasoma, USC professor of pathology; reception, Founders Park.
* Nursing: Lot K-2; Nancy Fugate Woods, professor, University of Washington School of Nursing, and director, Center for Women’s Health Research.
* Occupational Therapy: lawn west of Leavey Library; Stephen Toulmin, anthropology professor and Henry R. Luce Professor of Multiethnic and Transnational Studies.
* Pharmacy: Norris Library Quad, Health Sciences Campus, 3 p.m.; Jerome Halperin, executive vice president, United States Phar-macopeial Convention Inc.
* Physician Assistant Program: Sunday, July 13, Norris Library Quad, Health Sciences Campus, 3 p.m.; John Western, president, California Academy of Physician Assistants, and a 1983 graduate of USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program.
More stories about: Commencement 1997